Tuesday 24 January 2012

[Category 7: Look & Feel]

I decided that for my game that I wanted a futuristic feel to it, rather than the Victorian style I had gone with in my initial posters. Here is a collection of images I have gathered from Google of the look I would like to achieve:
(Research collected using Google Images)
I wanted to base the whole look on a futuristic style, mainly using holograms and a colour palette of blues and blacks. I'd be keeping the GUI and menu systems clean and clear, with simple animated background. I want to give the person the feeling like they're using a very futuristic piece of software. Plus since the application will be giving the illusion of time travel and my research indicated time travel will only be scientifically available in the future I think a futuristic look is a better direction to go in. 

I thought collecting a few font ideas would be a good idea to give help to the overall style of the application. Here are some great examples I found:
(Fonts collected from graphixshare.com)
I also found some colour palettes from the website, Kular. It's a website were people can create colour palettes based on different themes and upload them for people to use. I've used them before for projects and they have been great help. Here are some I found:
(Colour palettes collected from http://kuler.adobe.com/)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a front page mock-up I did of the pitch document using this information.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I decided to add an image to the clocks to show that it means two different time periods. I found a photographer on flickr who has found old pictures of Preston and taken new ones which I was be using in the logo as well as document examples.
(Added 03/02/2012)
I put together a "Look and Feel" page for the Pitch Document, I'm not too keen on the layout right now and want to play around with it a bit before confirming one.
(Added 03/02/2012)
This is another I completed which I experimented with the layout a bit.
(Added 03/02/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment